“He isn’t my boyfriend but I love his hugs, his smile, his advice, his kindness, and the times when we laugh together. I guess I just fell in love with our friendship.”
It’s hard to believe it’s been almost a year since I first posted my favorite Bro Tips. You can tell how much has changed from my guy friends’ advice alone. A year ago it was funny, mostly trying to make me laugh, with a little honest encouragement to put myself out there in the scary dating world.
Fast forward to now, where I’m half a world away, and the knights of my round table can’t do anything to help me if I get in a bind. And even though they’ve got reinforcements in the form of my new European guy friends, they can’t pre-screen potential suitors, kick someone’s a$$, or protect me from heartbreak. Just like everything else in my life that measures the progression of my journey, their advice does too. This list is endearing and sweet and makes me love them even more than I already do, even if it also makes me question the inner workings of the male mind. And yeah, they still make me laugh.
I hope you enjoy it.
The Wandering Widow
Live Now. Dream Big. Love Fierce.
Top 10 Bro Tips – Volume 2
- Live it up. It’s okay to make some mistakes, just make good ones. I mean, don’t make REALLY bad ones.
- If you see a European man wearing short pants, run away.
- Do not trust Italian men, no matter what they say or how much they flirt with you.
- Do not trust Irish men, no matter what they say or how much they flirt with you.
- Never trust a musician. Never.
- Guys our age are messed up, maybe you should cougar and date younger men.
- Really? He’s young enough to be your kid! I think you should stick to men our age.
- Whoah! He’s way too old. Unless he’s rich. Is he rich?
- You deserve the best life has for you! If it’s meant to be it’ll all fall into place somehow.
- Whatever you decide to do, you know I’ll support you. I just want you to be happy. After all the f@#$%d up $hit you deserve to be happy. Go be happy.
Bonus Bro Tip: I’ve collected a few variations of this one, which make me laugh and shake my head. Apparently avoiding emotions is the way to protect yourself from getting hurt. Ladies, this explains much.
- OMG don’t tell him how you really feel!
- Don’t show all your cards.
- Play hard to get, Woman!
- Shag ’em and ghost ’em. Save all that sloppy emotional stuff for the absolute one.
- For the love of God, DO NOT GET ATTACHED!
- No feelings! Act like a dude.
[…] week I shared by favorite Bro Tips, the advice I get from my guy friends. Being one of the boys means I get to reciprocate. Here is my […]